Monday, December 1, 2014

The Case For Faith Student Edition (Review)


My Rating: 4 stars out of 5

"Most people think doubt is the opposite of faith, but it isn't. The opposite of faith is unbelief, which is a willful refusal to believe or a deliberate decision to disobey God." Page 79

I was reared in a Christian home, attended a Christian school, and went to church every time the doors were open. You'd think I would know all the basics--that I'd have no doubts--no lingering questions. But that's not true. I've been plagued with questions and doubts for years. I believed with all my heart, but my head didn't understand a lot of things and kicked up a fuss, hungry for answers. My doubts and questions hindered me greatly, and I felt (feel) like such a failure at the whole faith thing. I'm learning that my doubts and questions don't mean that I have no faith. Actually, believing in spite of doubts IS faith. The Case for Faith, Student Edition helped me to see that even more clearly. 
Seriously there is so much good stuff packed into this little book. I highly recommend it. I look forward to reading the full version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment