Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Owls, Our Most Charming Bird



I adore owls. My kids adore owls. Besides, they are so, like, IN right now. But really, I love them. So cute, so fluffy, and, according to this book, everything from "adorable" to "a monstrosity".

This little book is absolutely charming. Along with a simple and beautiful watercolor painting of each species, there is a short, informative write-up that is both quirky and educational. The species are separated into groups based on habitat. Owls, Our Most Charming Bird was a hit with my kids, too. My daughter is already trying to copy the illustrations.

4 out of 5 stars from me.

More about the book: 

An enchanting illustrated guide to owl species of the world.

The owl is one of nature’s most captivating creatures. In this enchanting guide, artist Matt Sewell brings to life fifty species from around the world. From the adorable Eurasian Pygmy Owl, small enough to fit in your pocket, to the Great Gray Owl, celebrated for its size and elegance—these charming illustrations are sure to delight anyone intrigued by these wise and wonderful animals.


Available on Amazon.com and bookstores everywhere. 

Thank you to Blogging for Books for my review copy!



No comments:

Post a Comment