Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Capture the Moment



I love photography--have since I was a little girl--but it was only in the last 5-6 years that I began to study it, and probably only in the past 2-3 that I got serious about it. Since I'm not able to take an actual photography course, I'm teaching myself. I especially appreciate clear, simple instructions, and that is exactly what I found in Capture the Moment.  It's practical, concise, and simply beautiful! 

Sections are organized according to topic and contain tips and gorgeous images, as well as the specs of each image, from contributing photographers. Creative exercises at the end of each chapter encourage you to try out the concepts explained, stretch your limits, and attempt new things. The photographer's reference at the end of the book defines terms that may be unfamiliar, and is especially helpful to beginning photographers. 

Capture the Moment is also beautifully bound. It's a book that you will want to show off on your coffee table. 

I am thrilled to own this valuable resource, and I highly recommend it. 

Capture the Moment gets 5 out of 5 starts from me.

Read more about the book here.
Read more about Sarah Wilkerson here.




I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review. I will have to check it out since you know trying to teach myself as well! :)

    ReplyDelete